Macadamia Nut Recipes
Macadamia Nut Cheese and Milk
Macadamia nuts that are dehydrated can be so versaltile,
Macadamia nuts can return to their original state by soaking them for 20-30 min in cold water.
When macadamia nuts are in their original state you can easily make macadamia nut milk and cheese at the same time.
Making Macadamia Nut Cheese
1.Blend 1 cup of soaked macadamia nuts with 1 cup water in blender of food processor until creamy smooth, add water until you have a slurry that can be poured.
2.Pour mixture into cheese cloth and allow the macadamia milk to drain into a bowl for 6 hours or so.
3. take the macadamia cheese in the cheese cloth and mix with salt and lemon to taste, this helps the fermentation process.
4. I make into small patties and sprinkle with herbs and edible flours for a beautiful plated dish, place in refrigerator.
5. Also I individually wrap the patties in wax paper to eat over the course of 1-2 weeks.
Enjoy the yummy Organic Raw vegan macadamia nut cheese!
Making Macadamia Nut Milk
- Take the milk drained from the cheese making process and add sweetener of choice (optional: use 2 drops liquid vanilla stevia, a date, a dried fig, or 1 tbsp. maple syrup if needed)
- Since macadamia milk has a short shelf life, place in refrigerator and enjoy for the next 2-3 days.
Enjoy yuor Organic Raw Vegan Macadamia Nut milk!
Mahalo from all of us at Mahina Mele Farm
Kollette and Jason Stith